Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pop Art

Here's some stuff I made using the "Graffiti" application of the popular Facebook website, which I'm posting here for the enjoyment of people who don't use the Face-book but might read my blog. Which I think is something like three or four people. Maybe I should send out an e-mail to my family so everybody knows about that, but then again maybe people in my family would find my thoughts off-putting and offensive. It would be awkward at Thanksgiving.

This is the single composition that I'm most proud of.


There's something sublime about it, in the contrast between the heavy, earthbound monster at the right of panel, and the sprightly and whimsical creature at left. Obviously there's some limitations to it, mainly my complete absence of any talent for drawing, but I'm pretty happy with it.

I also drew an entire eighteen-page comic about a couple of colored dots expounding on the subject of modernist alienation, but blogger isn't letting me upload images at the moment, and in any case it might be a little too obnoxious to throw down a solid megabyte of images right here. We'll see, maybe later on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it. Wish you'd post a bit more often, but who am I to complain -- I don't post very often myself anymore.
-- Bob